Postnatal Care at Nelson Bays Maternity Unit
What women say..."After my caesarian in Nelson Hospital, it was so nice to relax and recover at Motueka (Nelson Bays) Maternity, with my husband and our new baby before going home"
Following a birth in Nelson Hospital or in Motueka, you will be welcome to stay postnatally for up to 48hrs.
During your postnatal stay you will:
- have a private room (for all our clients)
- be provided with great meal choices (including TOAD Hall Cafe Meals)
- have breakfast and dinner provided for your partner
- have a lounge/whanau room for the use of you and your visitors
- recieve 24 hours care from our caring, experienced midwives
- have seperate bathroom facilities for mums and visitors
- have toast and biscuits for in between meal snacks
- be provided with tea and coffee facilities for you and your visitors
- Yes! Partners are welcome to stay!
- visiting hours are flexible and by arrangement to suit your family's needs
- all women who stay at Nelson Bays Maternity are welcome to attend our free breastfeeding clinic (your LMC will arrange this if it is needed)
- a FREE DISPOSABLE NAPPIES when you leave